40 – Box Jumps
04 – 40 Meter Sled Pushes
40 – Meters Synchronized Walking Lunges
The 40 box jumps can be divided between the athletes however they choose. Athletes in the competitive division will be jumping on a 24 inch box and athletes in the intermediate division will be jumping on a 20 inch box. Athletes have the option to step up instead of jumping if they choose but the height of the box will remain the same.
The four sled pushes can be divided however the athletes choose but competitive men will have to push the sled loaded with 90lbs and competitive women will have to push the sled loaded with 45lbs. Intermediate men will push the sled loaded with 45lbs and intermediate women will push an unloaded sled.
The lunges must be performed synchronized by two athletes of the teams choice. During the walking lunges the athletes in the competitive must be carrying two sandbags, a 60lb and 30lb sand bag. In the intermediate division the athletes will have to carry a 30lb sandbag while performing the lunges.
- A tap is not required when switching on the box jumps but the last jumper must tap the first sled pusher.
- A tap is not required when switching on the sled push but the last pusher must tap one of the lungers before they start.
- When the lungers return one must tap the first box jumper.
- On the synchronized walking lunges, a knee of each participant must be seen touching the ground at the same time, athletes must also be seen standing completely upright together between each rep.
- If two men are performing walking lunges one must carry the women’s weight and vice versa. It does not matter who is lunging but both the 30lb and 60lb sandbags in the competitive division must travel the full 40 meters. In the intermediate division it does not matter who is doing the lunges but the 30lb sandbag must travel the full 40 Meters.
There will be a 20 minute time cap on this workout.